1. Elixir A (Remdesivir), JAMA August 21, 2020, Efficacy of Remdesivir in Covid-19. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2769870
2. NIH recommendations of Elixir A (Remdesivir): https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/therapies/antiviral-therapy/remdesivir/
3. The Merck Mectizan Donation Program: 30 years and over 4 billion doses of Ivermectin distributed free to 49 countries, over 300 million people annually. https://www.merck.com/stories/mectizan/
4. Elixir B (Ivermectin). June 2020: Ivermectin shows 5000-fold reduction in SARS-CoV-2 in 48 hours in cell culture. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011?via%3Dihub
5. Merck’s current statement on the use of Ivermectin for Covid-19 noting a “concerning lack of safety data in the majority of studies.” https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/
6. August 2020 – February 2021: Prospective, randomized, controlled trial using Ivermectin for prophylaxis in healthcare workers in Argentina showing 6-fold decrease in infections in the study arm as compared to control: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04701710
7. January 2021: Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19 https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/FLCCC-Ivermectin-in-the-prophylaxis-and-treatment-of-COVID-19.pdf
Note: Coauthored by 10 critical care physicians.
8. Epidemiologic data on the use of Ivermectin for Covid-19: https://covid19criticalcare.com/ivermectin-in-covid-19/epidemiologic-analyses-on-covid19-and-ivermectin/
9 July 2021: Cochrane Group metanalysis of Ivermectin for Preventing and Treating Covid-19: https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD015017.pub2/full
Note: none of the authors are physicians. Only a single study for prophylaxis was included and the only data parameter applied to this study was all cause mortality at 28 days. No one died in either study group, thus the author’s conclusions were “Based on the current very low‐ to low‐certainty evidence, we are uncertain about the efficacy and safety of ivermectin used to treat or prevent COVID‐19.”
10. Bar Association of India sues Chief Scientist of WHO Dr. Soumya Swaminathan for dissuading the people of India from using Ivermectin via Twitter. The tweet included a link to the Merck website. No primary news sites or agencies reported the story. https://trialsitenews.com/indian-bar-association-serves-legal-notice-upon-dr-soumya-swaminathan-the-chief-scientist-who/
Update (August 30, 2021): FDA Emergency Use Authorization for monoclonal antibody therapy. These are open clinical trials to establish safety, tolerability, and efficacy of anti-Spike (S) SARS-CoV-2 Monoclonal Antibodies. These studies are only for patients with mild to moderate Covid-19 at risk for progression to severe disease (the increased risk for disease justifies the increased risk of study participation as the safety and efficacy have not been proven). This is the type of clinical trial that could be used to further investigate the efficacy of Ivermectin.
Update (September 3, 2021):
11. All India Institute of Medical Science study on prophylaxis of Covid-19 for healthcare workers with Ivermectin shows 73% protection for a month with 2 doses (0.3 mg / kg 72 hours apart) based on PCR testing. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33592050/